Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hope at the Hope House

Hope at the Hope House

Matthew 25:34-40 


Then the King will say to those on the right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom   prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry, and you fed me.  I was thirsty and you gave me a drink.  I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.  I was naked, and you gave me clothing.  I was sick, and you cared for me.  I was in prison and you visited me...'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you?  Or thirsty and give you something to drink?  Or a stranger and show you hospitality?  Or naked and give you clothing?  When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?"  And the King will tell them, "I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"




 Today the team divided into three groups to accomplish more.  The largest of these went to the Hope House, a home for orphaned young ladies age 14 to 18.  We took on the task of house maintenance and painting with an emphasis on including the girls.  The girls were able to choose colors for their rooms.  We aided them in the actual painting using that time to get to know the girls.  The men on the team repaired ceilings, the roof, plumbing and tile floors.  Brian and Greg were even able to install two devices in the showers to give the ladies warm water for their showers!  A blessing for sure!
Though we were with the girls for a day, we pray that our connection with them and Lorraine's ongoing work will have an enduring benefit in their lives.   




John Wahba and Sheila went on a separate mission to the Faith House, a similar home for orphan boys ages 14 to 18.  The focus of the visit was to share the gospel through music.  This included music lessons on the guitar and electric keyboard.  The boys were able to complete a song together, "This Is My Desire" using three boys on guitars, two boys on a keyboard and one on vocal.  John and Sheila thought it sounded great.
 Ana, the interpreter, helped John and Sheila lead several youth to Christ with Praise, Worship and Prayer.






 Michael and Charles went to the Bloom National Pediatric Hospital to reestablish ties with the pediatric surgeons.  Through God's help, Charles was able to bridge a communication divide and focus on the needs of the hospital and Michael background in laparoscopic surgery.  Discussions were initiated for providing access for further training of their staff members in North Carolina.  Today we were able to start the process with an educational series on laparoscopic suturing techniques.  Tomorrow,we were invited to participate in several surgeries using laparoscopic approaches.  More surgery is anticipated on Friday.  We look for God to Bless the surgeons and the patients in these endeavors. We seek your prayer to help this program to grow in the future.

  It's late now and we need to rest up. God has blessed our efforts. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the amount of lives that God is allowing you to touch in one short week is amazing! Thank you for taking the time to share the stories with those of us back home. Praise God for all that He's doing in you and through you!
    Peace,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete